Follow by Email

Monday, August 12, 2013

My First Practice

Wizard Summer
So, in case you haven't figured it out yet, I'm the other sister. I'm also the oldest, though sometimes I have to admit Jolie acts a bit older than me. And I'm the wizard sparked with the earth magic. And while I can do some cool things with my gift, it wasn't always that way.

The first time Nikko took us into the Arena - this enormous room inside our castle in the Realm of Light Magic - he wanted us to tap into our sparks and cast a spell.

Well, that seemed easy enough. After all, we had each learned a few of them from the tome of magic. But then, it came time to actually will our sparks to do something. Let me tell you, that was easier said than done - much easier. In fact, all three of us - Jolie, Reece, and me - we tried and tried and tried, but nothing happened. It was like our sparks were there, waiting to be tapped into, but we just couldn't.

But, then, there seemed to be this little voice inside my head guiding me, directing me to my spark. At first, I thought I was going crazy - hearing voices inside my head. But then, all of a sudden, it was like I could feel this other piece of myself that wasn't there before. It seemed so small and insignificant at first, but then I could sense the untapped power of my spark. I listened to the direction provided by the voice, and then a few seconds later, vines sprang up through the floor and formed a wall that surrounded me. I reached out and touched the wall of vines I had conjured up out of the floor. Sure enough, they were real. I got all excited, lost my focus, and the vines disappeared into a cloud of dust - Poof!

It took me quite a while to learn the focus needed to cast my spells. But over time, it became much easier. Now, I can cast all kinds of spells without having to concentrate too hard. Heck, it takes almost no effort to summon my double-bladed staff, my most favorite weapon.

But if I need to tap into a lot of magic at once - like trying to dispel the dead magic from an entire apple grove - well that still requires quite a bit of focus. I'm getting stronger, and Nikko thinks I have an awful lot of potential, but I have to live long enough to actually reach it. I hope he turns out to be as good of a Protector as he is a Teacher, because I have a feeling we're going to need some protecting along the way...

No comments:

Post a Comment