Follow by Email

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Jolie's Right

Wizard Nikko
I read what Jolie had to say about herself and her sisters. And quite frankly, I have to admit that she's right. I would never have guessed that those three girls could come so far in such a short period of time. And while they all still have much to learn, one could say the same thing about me. I'm new at this Teacher and Protector thing, and though I've been sparked for quite a long time, even I'm still learning new insights about the magic.

Heck, I remember my young days as a wizard. I nearly got myself killed on more than one occasion. Thankfully, I had a powerful Teacher and Protector named Burgess to protect me from my own incompetence. It probably took me twice as long (and maybe longer) to reach the same level that Summer, Jolie, and Reece have reached. And while I've already noted that I could never have envisioned a more powerful wizard than Burgess, I also still believe these girls are special. Only time will tell how this all plays out, but suffice it to say that I agree with Jolie. They need to have more faith in their skills and abilities. Their connection to the magic is strong, but self-doubt will only breed mistakes. Now, how to get them over their self-doubt, that is another matter entirely.

Want to read more about Nikko? Check out Rise of the Dead Magic, Book 1 of the Three Wizards Chronicles.

No comments:

Post a Comment