Follow by Email

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Sprites

Balthazar
So, I saw that Summer recently wrote about the fairies. Well, in the Realm of Dead Magic, fairies are called Sprites. They are the ones who spark the dead magic, and they are manipulative little creatures. They can convince even a good-natured person to accept their corrupting power.

With only one wizard to work with, Sprites ensure that each new Wizard of the Dead Magic is properly trained and infused with the Dead Magic. They must manipulate a potential wizard to accept the spark of the dead magic. Once that happens, the wizard quickly acquires enough of a spark to be transported to the Realm of Dead Magic.

And that's when the training begins. Even after all this time, I still remember my training. It seemed to last forever. I replaced the Wizard Bahmet, who was the Wizard of the Dead Magic for only 35 years, killed by a Wizard of Fire Magic named Cristobal and his Teacher and Protector, Veronica, a Wizard of Wind Magic. To his credit, though, in that same battle, Bahmet had managed to kill both the Wizard of Earth Magic and the Wizard of Water Magic.

It was after Bahmet's death that the Sprites convinced me to accept their power. It took me over a year to be prepared to do what needed to be done in the natural world. And one year after that, I had killed both Cristobal and Veronica, though the two youngling wizards they had recently trained managed to get away. My power had grown strong in a very short period of time, I was ready to be the Wizard of the Dead Magic, and I was a force to be reckoned with for the next 500 years.

Want to read more about Balthazar? Download Rise of the Dead Magic from Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment