Follow by Email

Sunday, December 15, 2013

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Reece
So, I love a White Christmas! It's not because I'm a huge fan of Bing Crosby or anything like that. It's because a White Christmas means snow, and snow means frozen water on the ground. And for a Wizard of Water Magic, that means I have an awful lot of stuff to work with without having to use too much of my own spark. You see, I can make it rain or snow, but to do those things, I have to expend some of my spark. With snow on the ground, I can use my spark instead to make it do all kinds of fun things for me.

I've only really had one chance to fight against Balthazar in the snow. It didn't work out to his advantage, let me tell you that. I was able to form snowballs while Jolie used her wind magic to pelt creature after creature, giving Nikko and Summer the opportunity to easily move in and destroy a bunch of goblins and skeletons. I was also able to will the snow to freeze even more, becoming slick sheets of ice that rendered Balthazar's minions completely useless. And I was able to do all of that without having to expend much of my spark.

So, while it may not seem like much, snow can definitely be used to my advantage. I'm pretty sure Balthazar learned that a snowy battlefield was never going to lead to anything but defeat for him. I guess perhaps that's why he's avoided battles in the snow since then.

Want to learn more about Reece or the water magic? Then, check out Rise of the Dead Magic now.

No comments:

Post a Comment