Follow by Email

Sunday, August 24, 2014

I Can Heal Him

Stanley's been corrupted. He's been transformed into this thing called Mastema - a powerful creature with these nasty large bat wings and sharp spikes sticking out of his shoulders. It certainly is not an attractive look by any stretch of the imagination.

Dead magic has the power to corrupt. It transformed Balthazar from a good man into a wizard of pure evil. It has the power to transform regular folks into zombies and other monstrous creatures.

But its power is not infinite. I was able to cure Balthazar from the Plague of Jhophes, and he was able to turn his back on the power of dead magic. If I could cure him, then I can drive the corruptive power out of Mastema, too. But to do that, we would need to restrain him long enough for me to use my healing bracelets, and that will be easier said than done. Malo isn't going to let me get close enough to him to have that chance.

But if we don't manage to heal him, we may be forced to kill him (assuming he doesn't kill us first). And I, for one, do not want it to come to that. Stanley was - is - a good man, someone who put his life on the line to keep the natural world from becoming a desolate wasteland. He deserves a better fate than the one he has so far been dealt.

Want to see how things turn out for the wizards' friend Stanley? Then download The Box of Death, Book 2 of the Three Wizards Chronicles.


No comments:

Post a Comment