Follow by Email

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Fissures

Being the Wizard of Earth Magic sometimes has its benefits. You probably already know about my ability to heal, and that comes in quite handy. (It will hopefully come in handy again, if we can capture Mastema.)

But my powers can also be destructive. One of my more powerful spells allows me to open a fissure in the ground. I can use it to create earthquakes to bring down a building (which you know if you read Book 2), and I can use it to split the ground open so that enemies get swallowed up.

It's a bit more destructive than I like, so I don't use it all that often. While I can cause the fissure to seal itself afterwards (leaving the ground as if it had never been split open), using it in a place populated by normals will inevitably cause a lot of collateral damage, and that's something I prefer to avoid unless there is no other alternative.

Still, it's nice to know the power is there if and when I need it. I have mentioned that it can be difficult to be the protection and healing wizard, especially when it comes time to fight. Having a few powerful and destructive spells, though, can help me be a bit more of an offensive force when we have to stave off an assault from Malo's forces. And the ability to cause a fissure is one of those powerful and destructive spells.

See how Summer's fissure spell is used in the battle for The Box of Death, Book 2 of the Three Wizards Chronicles.




No comments:

Post a Comment