Follow by Email

Sunday, October 5, 2014

I Pushed My Ring a Bit Too Far

Apparently, a feathery bird golem can fly pretty darn quickly. It's a good thing I was using my ring of flight instead of my own spark when I tried to outrun it!

My spark would have run out before I made it to the magical dead zone. But not my artifact ring. It gave me everything it had, and I gladly accepted its power because that's the only reason I didn't get ripped to shreds by the golem's claws.

I will say that crash landing hard into the ground when the ring finally gave out was not the most pleasant experience I've ever had. But at least I'm still alive, and I crash landed inside the magical dead zone.

The golem tried to follow me, which didn't turn out so well for that magical creature. It's a shame that it didn't make it farther into the magical dead zone - it might have completely burned up. And that would have made Malo's ability to locate the final fragment of The Box of Death that much more difficult. It might have taken the golem thousands of years to be ready to be re-summoned, and that would definitely have made Malo a bit...angry.

All in all, though, I can't complain. I'm still alive, the golem got a taste of what pain feels like, and we still have a chance to stop Malo. I just hope my ring recharges, and recharges soon, because I'm sure going to need it down the road.

Don't miss the epic battle for The Box of Death, Book 2 of the Three Wizards Chronicles.

No comments:

Post a Comment