Follow by Email

Sunday, November 9, 2014

I Remember Potions, Too

Balthazar mentioned that he never really found potions to be all that useful. Quite frankly, my experience has been much the same thing. About sixty years ago, my Teacher and Protector, Burgess, introduced me to potions.

You see, their effects are usually very short-lived, which means that whatever you are trying to accomplish isn't going to last for very long. It would be just my luck that a potion would fail right at the most inopportune time (like an invisibility potion wearing off while I was standing in the middle of a throng of powerful enemies).

If you add the fact that their shelf life tends not to be all that long, potions are rather limited. I've had the need to make potions a couple of times over the years, though not lately. However, perhaps our impending battle with Malo over the Box of Death will present an opportunity to use a potion or two.

Balthazar makes a compelling argument about looking for anything that might help protect the normals in whatever sort of confrontation is going to occur. They are my friends, and if a potion can help to keep them safe, then so be it. The Three Wizards and I will look to see if there is anything useful.

Want to learn more about potions or find out how Nikko and the wizards use them in the battle against Malo? Then download The Box of Death, Book 2 of the Three Wizards Chronicles.




No comments:

Post a Comment