Follow by Email

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Why Are We Just Now Learning About This?

Why is it that I always feel like I'm in the dark until Nikko decides to turn the light on? He keeps these little tidbits about magic - like fairies and potions - secret until the time is right to reveal them to us. This has happened so many times since I became sparked as a wizard, and it's quite frustrating.

Here's what I've learned. Apparently, one of the Tomes of Magic back in the Realm of Light Magic deals very specifically with potions. Each section of the tome is devoted to potions of a particular type of magic, and each of us wizards can only read the potion recipes that correspond with our sparks.

I've also learned that potions have a list of ingredients that will inevitably include one of us using some of our magic to give the potion its power. According to Nikko, how we combine the ingredients - and our spark - determines whether or not the potion will even work and how well it will work. If we mess something up, the potion might even have unintended effects.

Let me say, that sounds like a good reason to follow the recipe. I'm not all that eager to see the unintended effects of a potion that wasn't made right. In my experience, limited as it is, "unintended" means "bad." So, we'll see what's in this tome, and if I find a potion worth making, I will definitely follow the recipe.

Want to learn more about potions and how the wizards use them? Then, download The Box of Death, Book 2 of the Three Wizards Chronicles.

No comments:

Post a Comment