Follow by Email

Sunday, March 15, 2015

The Waters of the Realm

Now that we have a bit more time to hang out in the Realm of Magic, I've had more of a chance to spend some time taking in the beautiful blue waters here. They are as pristine as you could ever envision, and they're teaming with life.

Of course, my dragon, Crystal Water lives down in one of the realm's deep seas. It seems she is not alone, though. There's an entire community of water dragons living down there. It's quite incredible.

But not as incredible as the mermaidens, these blue creatures who inhabit the Four Seas. They're various shades of blue, and they have these fins on top of their heads that vary drastically in color. They move so effortlessly through the water. I've never seen anything quite like it. But perhaps the most impressive thing I've learned about them is that they are fierce warriors. One of the water fairies told me they were the fiercest warriors in the entire realm. I spent a little time sparring with Xerxa, their leader, and I have to admit, she whooped me pretty good - though if I would have used my magic it might have ended differently. With mermaidens helping us guard the border with the Province of the Dead, perhaps we won't have to do quite so much fighting. Maybe things won't be so tumultuous after all.

Want to learn more about the mermaidens and their leader, Xerxa? You'll have to wait for the Three Wizards Chronicles Book 3: Pure Magic. But in the meantime, check out what you've missed in Books 1 and 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment