Follow by Email

Sunday, March 29, 2015

The Windy Mountains

Not to be outdone by the others, I, too, have gone out exploring the Realm of Magic, taking in the windy mountains of the realm. Tucked away in one set of mountains exists a group of wispy wind-like creatures called the jinn. I found them to be a bit creepy. You see, they don't have any body hair to speak of, and their bodies tend to be almost transparent, as if they are not really there. Their heads waver back and forth between being solid and being intangible. It's a bit disconcerting to have a conversation with them because every few seconds they waver back and forth between existing and not.

I've been told that they can will themselves to stay solid when needed - that's how they pick things up and how they fight - but that they actually normally exist in between a solid and gaseous state. They don't really fly so much as they float in their gaseous forms. I'm intrigued by them, not really sure exactly how they exist. But the one thing I've learned since becoming a wizard is not to apply too much logic when it comes to magic. It will drive you insane, trying to force a logical explanation onto something that is purely illogical in nature.

But I have to say, all things considered, I feel a bit vindicated. When I was out flying a long time ago, trying to perfect my magic, I thought I saw something floating through the clouds. I turned, and it was gone. Nikko thought my mind was playing tricks on me, but now I think I may have actually seen one of the jinn. That makes me feel better - and it gave a chance to poke a bit of fun at Nikko at the same time.

You'll have to wait to learn more about the jinn. But if you still haven't read Books 1 and 2, check them out.




No comments:

Post a Comment